back to normal view
- The Community Hub (EPNAVCO) sadly closed just before Christmas however we will endeavor to provide support where we can to help bridge this gap in the coming year.
- The library will hopefully be supporting students from the Work Zone (located within the same building) with the distribution of sanitary products.
- The Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) who are currently a Donation Collection Point will shortly start operating as a Distribution Point too, so please support them with your donations.
- As part of the GAPP Initiative, we are aiming to provide starter packs (of sanitary products and toiletries) to High School girls in years seven. To enable us to do this we will need some bags making to distribute them in. Please see photographs to get an idea of the size bags we need. The ruler in the photo is to show the approximate sizes which is 12x10in (28x34cm). If you have some fabric, such as old curtains, which might be suitable and/or if you like sewing and would like to help with this project, please contact us on email@example.com.
- You will see from the new logos above we are now working in association with 'Code Red' a Chester based project who also aim to tackle period poverty.
- We have some new Donation Collection/Distribution Point Centres, including: Cheshire College at the Ellesmere Port Campus; the Ellesmere Port Library; and at Morrisons Supermarket a trolley for customer donations.
- We have received a very generous donation of sanitary products from St Johns Church, Great Sutton, following their special service held on the first sunday in advent, so many thanks to St Johns for their kind support.
- Beauty Banks also gave us a generous donation of toiletries and sanitary products enabling us also to further support Forum Housing.
- We have also been able to start supporting Care Homes with incontinence pads, as many of these have been donated along with Sanitary Products.
- We are now supporting two local High Schools, Ellesmere Port Catholic High School and the Academy. We are also supporting more young mums via the Children's Centres at Portside and Stanlaw Abbey in Ellesmere Port.
- We had a donation of red boxes from Rightway Store in Whitby to be used as Distribution and Donation boxes.